#JesusPercent (Blog)

January 2018

Peace! Be Still!

  Do you think that when Jesus calmed the storm, he wasn’t just speaking to the wind and the waves, but was actually speaking to the disciples’ hearts?  Picture the scene (Matthew 8 and Mark 4): they are all in a boat, crossing a large body of water.  A storm kicks up, probably with the force of a hurricane. The disciples are battling but are losing.  Where is Jesus?  He is asleep!  How many of us would instead need Dramamine?!  And Jesus is...

1 comment

Keep Reading >>

God's Triumphant Laugh

Pray.  Then, when you think you are done...PRAY! For what are you praying?  Parents, pray for your kids. Kids, pray for your parents. Pray for your neighbors, your friends, your brothers and sisters in the faith, your classmates, your country, your world. Our Bible Study on Sunday mornings is focusing on a class called "How Can They Teach That (and Still Claim to Believe the Bible)."  In three weeks, we have covered only the first class.  This class has...

1 comment

Keep Reading >>

#JesusPercent

Have you ever realized that, in our society, you can be a successful failure?!  I understand, that does not make sense.  So, let me explain: Meteorologists predict a 70% chance of rain...if it doesn't rain, they will claim they were 30% right.  They still have a job. Baseball players who hit .333 (or fail .667 percent of the time) are considered Hall of Fame worthy. If you are a quarterback who completes 65% of your passes, you will become a multimillionaire, even...

0 comments

Keep Reading >>

God's New DAY's Resolution

Well, it is now day 3 of the New Year.  How ya doin' with those resolutions?  Did you know there is a way to "cheat" on some resolution making and keeping?  As long as your resolution is vague enough, technically you will not break it until day 365 of the year.  For instance, I have a resolution to read more books this year (which should be easy to increase from ZERO...ok, not quite zero).  Well, I can put the resolution off for several months, up to...

0 comments

Keep Reading >>

Older Posts >>